Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A POCKET FULL OF KISSES and CHESTER RACOON AND THE BIG BAD BULLY by Audrey Penn

I have to say that I am now a huge fan of Audrey Penn.  I have now read and reviewed 4 of her titles and have simply adored them all.  I feel her books are beautifully illustrated, with loveable characters and contain heartwarming messages. 

A POCKET FULL OF KISSES
A Pocket Full of Kisses is about Chester getting a new baby brother and having to deal with sharing his Mother's love.  I just love the whole "kissing hand" theme and loved that is appears in all of Penn's books (those that I have read at least).  I think that the transition is hard for any child when a new sibling enters the family.  A Pocket Full of Kisses helps ease Chester into welcoming and accepting his new bother.  I just loved this book, as did my 2 boys.   
A Pocket Full of Kisses

CHESTER RACOON AND THE BIG BAD BULLY
Bullying is on increasingly serious issue that young kids face.  In Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully Mrs. Raccoon helps both Chester and Ronny Raccoon, as well as some other loveable forest friends, deal with the bullying Badger.  When I read this book to my 4 year old son it sparked a great conversation about what bullies are and how he needs to deal with them.  I am grateful up to this point to that neither of my children have fallen victim to bullying or have been the bully themselves.  I have heartfelt gratitude towards Penn for writing Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully.  In the event of a bullying episode I am sure that this book will prove to be helpful.  I am glad to see Penn address the serious issue in a way young children can relate too.  It is never too early to talk to our children about difficult situations.  I highly recommend this book.

Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...