Saturday, November 12, 2011

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS YOU by Elizabeth Berg

Sometimes books don't meet your highest of expectations.  ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS YOU by Elizabeth Berg fell into this category.  The book was ok but I did not love it like other books I have read by her.  Therefore, failing to live up to the expectations that I have come to associate with Berg.  Despite my lack luster recommendation for this book, I can say that Berg still created characters which resonant with her readers.   Berg writes about things that move us, things we can relate too.  In ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS YOU, Berg addresses many meaningful topics; divorce, parent/child relationships, marriage, moving on, and moving out.  This book spoke to me, but did not move me like Berg's other reads.  When you have an author of this caliber there are times when a book will miss the mark.   For me this was one of those times however, I look forward to what else Berg will produce and she will remain a favorite of mine.    

Once Upon a Time, There Was You: A Novel
October 4, 2011
Even on their wedding day, John and Irene sensed that they were about to make a mistake. Years later, divorced, dating other people, and living in different parts of the country, they seem to have nothing in common—nothing except the most important person in each of their lives: Sadie, their spirited eighteen-year-old daughter. Feeling smothered by Irene and distanced from John, Sadie is growing more and more attached to her new boyfriend, Ron. When tragedy strikes, Irene and John come together to support the daughter they love so dearly. What takes longer is to remember how they really feel about each other. Elizabeth Berg’s immense talent shines in this unforgettable novel about the power of love, the unshakeable bonds of family, and the beauty of second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...