Thursday, May 10, 2012

My night at THE READER'S LOFT with debut author JACK APFEL


I was able to spend a wonderful evening at one of my all time favorite indie bookstores of all time THE READER'S LOFT in Green Bay, WI.  I was there to hear debut author Jack Apfel speak about his debut novel A GIRL IN THE DUMPSTER.  I hope you enjoy my picture presentation of my night! 



Store mascots

A nice place to sit and read

Gifts

Large collection of cards

One of the main book suppliers of The Fox Cities Book Festival

My FAVORITE author LESLEY KAGEN

A Local WI author A.G.S. Johnson (and you know how I cherish my signed books)

They keep up to date on all the best New Releases in both hardcover and paperback.  




Tale notice they have Kris Radish's newest too!

OWLS!!!



Audio Books

Beautiful

Jack Apfel debut author of THE GIRL IN THE DUMSTER

Jack and I


***************************************

A Girl In The Dumpster

Book Description

November 28, 2011
One night in the small town of Candlesberg, Wisconsin, a homeless woman approaches a dumpster in search of food. She finds instead a mysteriously mewling bundle. Reaching inside she discovers a patch of matted hair, a tiny ear, a smooth little shoulder. She knows what to do-if only she can conquer her compulsion to drop the newborn and run.

Anne Hedlin is trying to get to sleep in her apartment above her resale shop when she is startled by a banging from the shop below. Anne's solitary life is transformed when she takes in the homeless woman and the baby she finds at her back door. In its first week, the newborn also profoundly touches the lives of Anne's shy teenaged niece, a storefront preacher and his wife, a successful divorced realtor, and the realtor's teenaged daughter, Angie.

Angie's life has become a dumpster of a different sort. She has taken nearly every drug her nominal boyfriend Jake has offered her and in return given him what he wanted--sex. Now the consequences of her choices are crushing in on her and she sees no way out.

With complex characters and surprising twists author Jack Apfel has given us a compelling story of how lives can be knocked off their seemingly inevitable trajectories by an unexpected event, like someone finding a girl in a dumpster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...