Thursday, June 28, 2012

Q&A with Douglas Wickard author of A PERFECT HUSBAND


Douglas Wickard
Q. What inspires your writing?

A. WOW! Right off the bat a powerful question.  VOICE!  I’ve always been a reticent person. Writing allowed me the ability to SCREAM!  I think I’ve accomplished ‘that’ quite successfully.

Q. What is your favorite thing about being an author?

A. Solitude. I love the cool loneliness of my writing habitat! At one time, I was of the world, now I only observe and write about it. It’s a much more comfortable place for me to reside.

Q. What is the toughest part of being an author?

A. Oh, procrastination. I’ve mentioned that phenomenon in many interviews.  It is something I think I will always fight with…  

Q. If you could not be author, what would you do/be?

A. Nothing. It took me until middle age to finally find my passion after years of doing soulless, executive, financially appealing, all the perks…blah, blah, blah…and all of ‘that’ left me empty. Drained. And, unhappy. I would rather have nothing than go back to corporate America.

Q. What would the story of your life be entitled?

A.  Mr. Golden. (there’s a HUGE metaphor here.) It will be written soon. And, it’s not all sunshine!

Q. What is your favorite book of all time?

A. Island of the Blue Dolphins.

Q. Which character from ANY book are you most like?

A. Sami Saxton, the heroine in A PERFECT HUSBAND.

Q. What character from all of your book are you most like?

A. Sami Saxton. Again. My alter-female ego.

Q. What is your favorite season?

A. Fall.

Q. What inspired your book cover?

A. My publisher.

Q. Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.

A. The huge amount of female interest. I have become so used to being invisible in my Life at my age and stage, that the onslaught of female attention has been…sweet and appreciated. 

Q. Are you working on something new?

A. Yes. I finished a novel in December of 2011 entitled ENCOUNTER, a psychosexual thriller with San Francisco as the backdrop. But, with the amazing reviews and interest in Sami, I have decided to do a sequel to A PERFECT HUSBAND called A PERFECT SETUP and after... A PERFECT WIFE.  (THE PERFECT SERIES) It is very bizarre when something unexpectedly takes off…you just never know!

Q. Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?

A. I have so much gratitude for my readers, followers, supporters and fans. It even feels weird writing that…fans…but, I have so many from across the continent…so, simply…thank you…thank you…thank you…

********************************************
A Perfect Husband

Book Description

Publication Date: January 24, 2012

An abandoned cabin… a diabolical killer…a hidden cemetery… a deadly secret is about to be uncovered.

Far from the neon blur of Manhattan – the dizzy buzz of restaurants, theater openings and one too many cocktails – located seventy-two miles outside the City in the sleepy, rural township of Montague, New Jersey, Sami Saxton is looking to rebuild her life. A rebirth, one might call it. And, she intends to do this spiritual resurrection in a small, abandoned fishing cabin, built over forty years ago by her deceased father.

Not quite abandoned…

A lethal serial killer has taken up residence in the basement of Sami’s remote cottage, using her father’s carpenter table for a hobby much more sinister than woodcutting.

Sequestered deep within forty-two acres of tall pine trees, bristling brooks and fresh water lakes, Sami Saxton is about to fight for her life.

The hard truth… nobody will ever hear her scream!

********************************************

********************************************

CONTACT DOUGLAS:
FaceBook Twitter Blogger


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...