Sunday, July 15, 2012

AN AMAZING STORY!!! WEAK AND LOVED by Emily Cook



The LORD is near to the brokenhearted 
and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18


***********************************************************

In October 2008, shortly after her fourth birthday, my daughter Aggie was diagnosed with epilepsy.
The year that followed was one of the most difficult years of our lives.

Aggie's early seizures were short and mild.  
At first, we thought she might be just daydreaming.  
As the months passed and medicine after medicine failed, her seizures kept getting more 
dramatic and more dangerous.


***********************************************************
To Aggie, my nap buddy
Seizures are like time-thieves.
They robbed her Christmas moments.
They tipped her off a diving board
They pushed her off a bunk bed.
They sapped her energy.
They stole her breath.
They shattered my heart.
As I struggled through those awful days of testing and waiting and fear, my Aunt encouraged me with the following words:

“People say be strong. I say be weak and be loved.”

***********************************************************






ABOUT THE BOOK:  Weak and Loved: A Mother-Daughter Love Story

This story includes no clichés or easy answers, and it is not an attempt to answer complicated questions of human suffering. Rather, it is a demonstration of God's faithfulness toward one sick child and her imperfect mother: both weak, but both loved. Aggie had a brain tumor that disrupted her young life; her mother’s sin and selfishness disrupted her best attempts to care for her. Written from the perspective of a mother who suffers with her child, Weak and Loved allows readers to experience the struggles of faith and encouragement of God. Readers will enter the difficult, earthy, and sometimes humorous world of a sick child, and be pleased to find the beauty of God's love in Christ even there. 

"...when she was often reduced to nothing, God carried her through, with or without her cooperation, her understanding or acceptance. This book helped me understand what true grace really is - the totally undeserved, bountiful love of God, which no circumstances can ever take away from us." - bookie, on Amazon.com

For more please click here

Click HERE to get the FREE ebook 


epub 

Emily Cook

***********************************************************
Q&A
 Q.  What inspires your writing?

A. I write to pass on the grace I have received.  I am a mother of six, and a sinner, but I am also a child of God by His grace. His grace frees me to be the child I am, and to ask Him for help. I am amazed when He gives me that help, and my amazement overflows in words.  I write to pass on the help I have received, to inspire, and to entertain.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being an author?

A. My readers often tell me, “It’s like you can read my thoughts!” Or “I thought I was the only one who felt that way!”  It is my passion to speak frankly about the trials of motherhood and the Christian life, and to show God’s love for us even in the middle of the mess.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being an author?

A. Like my job as a mother, the “work” is never-ending! There are always more ideas to chase and more things to say! This can be a wonderful thing, but it can be very overwhelming. Aside from this, my biggest challenge is finding the time to write. (I am so thankful that my children still nap!)

Q.  If you could not be author, what would you do/be?

A.  My first job is mother to my six children and wife of my husband who is also the pastor pastor of a church in the country. If I were not here, and I did not write, I imagine I would be a nurse or a teacher.  

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?

A. Weak for now, Loved forever in Jesus

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?

A.  David Copperfield by Charles Dickens (We named our daughter Agnes after the beautiful and faithful Agnes in this book, and after an adopted grandmother named Agnes.)

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?

A. Though I have not been called to such a dramatic life of sacrifice, I relate most to Katie Davis, author of Kisses from Katie. Like her, I try to listen to God’s call and simply do what is in front of me. Like Katie, I have often been challenged to love just “one” more child.  Like Katie, I have been flattened by the needs around me and the grief in my own heart, but I have been picked up again and again by God who cares for the needy, including  me.

Q.  What character from all of your books are you most like?

A. Me!  My book is a non-fiction book about the most difficult year of my life, and God’s help as He dragged me/ carried me through it!

Q.  What is your favorite season?

A. I love spring. It reminds me of God’s promises of new life, even after what seems to be an unbearably long winter.

Q.  What inspired your book cover?

A.  Weak and Loved is the story of my daughter Aggie’s struggle with seizures due to a brain tumor. While she fought, I could not help but think of her as a wilting flower, and as I loved her through the struggles, I wilted right along with her. Yet even wilting flowers are loved and cared-for by God.  He hears the prayers of the broken-hearted and needy.

Q.  Tell me something interesting that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.

A. We returned to Cleveland Clinic this year for a follow-up appointment for Aggie. I wanted to give one of my books to one of her doctors that helped save her life, so I asked her to sign it for me.  She not only wrote her name, but she filled two of the front pages with “beautiful pictures!”  She even covered my own signature with a picture of her smiling self!  Her doctor smiled huge when she saw the book and the artwork.  Talk about a special edition!
(for the full story and pictures see Returning Thanks)

Q.  Are you working on something new?

A. I am working on a devotional book for mothers, coming soon. I am also working on a book titled “Half Nuts with Half a Dozen,” a light-hearted look into a chaotic life with six young children.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?

A.  People stay, “Be strong.” I say, “Be weak and be loved.” If what you are facing right now is stealing your strength and making you weak, I encourage you to say it out loud, and lean heavy on God and others.  Come to Him with open hands and receive your daily bread. He will not turn you away.

Be weak and loved with me, and read more at www.weakandloved.com
https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...