Friday, August 31, 2012

Showcase: Sophie Moss author of Seal Island Trilogy

First, I want to say CONGRATS to Sophie 
on the release of the newest installment in the 
Seal Island Trilogy 
entitled 
The Selkie Enchantress 
released TODAY!!!

******************************************
Sophie Moss writes modern-day Irish fairy tales. Her stories are full of magic, mystery, and romance. She is a member of Romance Writers of America and Celtic Hearts Romance Writers. When she’s not writing, she’s tending to her garden. She has a strange knack for finding four-leaf clovers and writes best while sipping a Guinness.

Visit Sophie at her website: http://sophiemosswrites.com/ 
or Twitter @SMossWrites
******************************************

 Q&A

Q.  What inspires your writing?

A.  My best ideas come when I am outside, surrounded by nature. When I’m working on a new story, I spend hours in my rose garden and read everything I can get my hands on.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being an author?

A.  Hearing from happy readers!

Q.  What is the toughest part of being an author?

A.  Remembering to pull away from the computer. I tend to get obsessed once the story gets rolling.

Q.  If you could not be an author, what would you do/be?

A. A journalist. I love to meet new people, learn new things, and experience something new every day.  

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?

A.  Practical Magic. I know it’s already taken, but I think I’ll borrow it anyway. It pretty much sums up my life. I’m practical and realistic about the serious things in life, but I still believe strongly in magic and fairy tales. I’m always searching for ways to incorporate magic into everyday life.

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?

A.  Probable Future by Alice Hoffman

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?

A.  Sally Owens from Alice Hoffman’s Practical Magic. She loves to garden and is very close with her family. She’s steady and reliable and the one everyone turns to when things go wrong. She respects magic, but knows that the greatest healer of all is love, family and friendship.

Q.  What character from all of your books are you most like?

A. I sprinkle bits and pieces of myself into all my female characters, but I have yet to release a book where the heroine is a lot like me. Though, I would like to be friends with all of my female characters.

Q.  What is your favorite season?

A. Spring, because I can spend time in my garden again!

Released TODAY!!!!
Q.  What inspired your book covers?

A. I wanted my covers to invoke a feeling of magic, mystery, and romance.  I wanted there to be an element of fairy tale beauty and dream-like longing.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.

A. I do most of my book promoting on Twitter, interspersed with loads of ridiculous conversations with some of the wittiest, silliest people I’ve ever met. I laugh out loud all day, every day on Twitter. It makes promoting a lot of fun.

Q.  Are you working on something new?

A.  I’m working on the third story in the Seal Island Trilogy now. The Selkie Sorceress (Sam and Glenna’s story) will be released in early 2013!

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?

A.  I love to hear from readers! And I’m very chatty on Twitter, so pop over and say hi!


******************************************

The Selkie Spell

Book Description

 November 6, 2011
In this modern-day fairy tale romance, American doctor Tara Moore’s life is transformed when she travels to an enchanted Irish island and discovers she has the power to break a 200-year-old curse. At first, Tara laughs off the villagers’ speculation that she is descended from a selkie—a magical creature who is bewitching the island. But when a ghostly woman appears to her with a warning, Tara realizes it was more than chance that brought her to this island. Desperate to escape a dark and dangerous past, Tara struggles against a passionate attraction to handsome islander Dominic O’Sullivan. But the enchantment of the island soon overpowers her and she falls helpless under its spell. Caught between magic and reality, Tara must find a way to wield both when a dangerous stranger from her past arrives, threatening to destroy the lives of everyone on the island.

*Read Mandy's review of The Selkie Spell HERE


Book Description

 August 29, 2012
In this modern-day fairy tale romance, Irish islander, Caitlin Conner, has been in love with professor of Irish folklore, Liam O'Sullivan, for as long as she can remember. But just when he's starting to look at her as more than a friend, a mysterious woman arrives on Seal Island and captures his heart. As Caitlin discovers the truth behind the woman's lies, she realizes Liam is trapped in a dangerous enchantment and the only way to break the spell is to uncover a secret Irish fairy tale that has remained hidden for hundreds of years. But when the petals of a white rose grown in winter start to fall, the legend is set in motion. And Caitlin must find a way to change the ending before the last petal falls.
******************************************

1 comment:

  1. What a great interview with Sophie. I've read The Selkie Spell and am starting The Selkie Enchantress. I'll be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...