Saturday, September 15, 2012

What did I do today?????

hot mess

The creators of the HOT MESS MUD RUN TEAMED UP WITH MILLER 64 AND THE US MARINES 

TO CREATE A FILTHY 5K RUN WITH A DOZEN OBSTACLES TO TEST My WILL:


  • Wall Climb
  • Mud Crawl
  • Rope Swing Over Water
  • Pond Run
  • Hot Box
  • Tractor Tire Tunnels
  • Rope Net Challenge
  • more...
I had so much fun at this event!!!  I have got into fitness many years ago and have just recently begun teaching fitness classes at our local Y.  I have been dying to do a mud run!  
So my sister and I did this one today!!!

****************************************************************************
Here is the answer to some of the questions you may have!!!
-What is a mud run?
It is a super fun event!   This 5K obstacle course was put together with a little help from the marines.  It is going to be muddy!  There will be walls to climb over- there will be water to run through- mud to slide across-and maybe a little splash of color!  The best part about it- winners who finish will also receive a beer to celebrate a job well done!  I do like beer!
-Do I have to be a hardcore runner?
Absolutely not- that is what is so great about this event!  You can be someone who runs daily, or someone who just wants to get started.  It is suitable for all levels- I plan to have a blast!!!
Is there an age requirement?
Yes- must be 18
Is their a fee?
Yes and proceeds will be donated to a local charity!  I am always looking for fun ways to give back!  What is better than being healthy, giving back and having fun!!!!
So that is what I am playing to do today!  I will let you know how it is????

****************************************************************************

Here are some pictures from today's event!









4 comments:

  1. Cool, that is so much fun! I want to do an event like this. I was going to do the Zombie 5K, but injured my knee. Getting ready to start training again for running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I have decided to start to train for the Tough Mudder...I am super excited to try something that I have never done before and to push myself farther than I thought I could!!! I hope you are on the mend soon and can accomplish everything you set our to!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...