Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review: Jump! by Julia Dweck and Brian Allen

****************************************************


Book Description

 September 1, 2014  4 - 8  P - 3
Jack’s little heart began to thump,
As he prepared to take a jump.
He swung around and then he flexed.
His thousandth jump was coming next.

Then tightening his coils, he sank,
And listened to the music crank.
He sprung out free, no longer trapped.
His rusty spring broke loose and SNAPPED!

What’s a Jack-in-the-box without his home? Poor Jack has never jumped out of anything before, but his worn out box. Can Barker, the neighborhood dog, prove to Jack that there are many more exciting jumps outside in the great, big world? Young readers will find lots of giggles in the rhyming text and wondrous jumps that Barker and Jack discover together. The full screen art by illustrator, Brian Allen, positively leaps off the page. The author, Julia Dweck, has done a wonderful job of weaving in the subtle message that it’s important to believe in yourself and to think outside of the box in order to realize life’s wondrous possibilities. This bouncy tale from Sleepy Sheep Productions will leave young readers jumping for joy! Leveled for young readers ages 4 – 8, but relevant to readers of all ages.


****************************************************
Take a look into the book....awesome, right!!!!!!!

09 Copy




13 Copy-1
****************************************************


I love all the books by Dweck and I especially love Jump!  The poetic story with the amazing illustrations makes for a most wonderful reading experience.  To add to that, there is a moral lesson that is appropriate for adults and children alike. My boys and I just adored this book. As a mother and teacher this book is a hit.  I just can't get enough a Dweck's stories!  I also cannot wait to create a whole Art Through Stories lesson around this book!  5 stars


Buy the book:

2 comments:

  1. I love being book bloggy buddies with you so I've nominated you for a Liebster award: http://ivoryowlreviews.blogspot.com/2014/09/my-blog-birthday-and-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I am at a loss of words! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...