Friday, April 3, 2015

Showcase: You’ll Be Thinking of Me by DENSIE WEBB

bigA chance encounter with a celebrity, an impromptu video of an innocent kiss and a shiny new espresso machine. It all added up to a juicy tale for 24-year old Rachael Allen to share. But when her best friend posts the video online, bizarre threats from an obsessed fan follow close behind. Mick Sullivan, the star in her video, offers to help and in the process, Rachael discovers that despite his reputation as a player of Olympian caliber, he’s down-to-earth—and emotionally damaged. Despite wildly divergent life paths, their shared southern upbringing and a passion for good music create a common thread that draws them to one another. As the threats escalate, and their relationship deepens, Rachael struggles to accept Mick’s past and ultimately decide if being with Mick Sullivan is worth the collateral damage.
 You’ll Be Thinking of Me is the story of Rachael’s serendipitous encounter with a celebrity, her brush with obsessive love and the bittersweet gift left behind by the very person fixated on destroying her life.
Densie Webb_2013Densie Webb has spent a long career as a freelance nonfiction writer and editor, specializing in health and nutrition, and has published several books and tons of articles on the topic over the years. She is a member of the Women’s Fiction Writers Association and SheWrites. Soul Mate Publishing is releasing her debut novel titled, “You’ll Be Thinking of Me,” as an ebook. A paperback will be released later this year. She grew up in Louisiana, spent 13 years in New York, and settled in Austin, TX, where it’s summer nine months out of the year.  She is an avid walker (not of the dead variety, though she loves anything to do with zombies, vampires or post-apocalyptic worlds), drinks too much coffee and has a small “devil dog” that keeps her on her toes. She has arrested development in musical tastes and her two children provide her with musical recommendations on a regular basis.




Q.  What inspires your writing?

A. Basically, my love of words and language. Yep, I’m a word nerd. If I read a passage in a book that has a lovely analogy, metaphor or simile, I’ve been know to sigh out loud.

Q. What is your favorite thing about being an writer?

A. I’ve been a nonfiction writer and editor most of my career, writing on assigned topics. I love being able to write what I want to write. But most of all, I love the feeling of creating something out of nothing.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being an writer?

A. Ha! Creating something out of nothing. Seriously, it’s the toughest part, but the most rewarding feeling.

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?

A. I’ve always wished I could sing or play an instrument. But, I’m too much of an introvert to get up and perform, though I did karaoke once (and only once). But I think I would really enjoy the hell out of belting out a song in the shower on key.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?

A. In My Next Life

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?

A. Oooh. Seriously? That’s an impossible question to answer. I can think of books that I was most affected by, which is different from pure enjoyment. I guess two at the top of my list are “Post Birthday World” by Lionel Shriver (one of my favorite authors) and “Bel Canto” by Anne Patchett. Very different genres than mine, but I thought about them for days after.

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?

A. While I enjoy getting in the heads of characters in books I’m reading, I can’t say it’s ever struck me that a character sounded like me. Maybe bits of behavior seemed similar, but no one character comes to mind.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?

A. Well, I’m much more like my protagonist, Rachael, than I am her friend, Jenna, who’s sort of a ballsy loud mouth.

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?

A. I tend to read a lot of angsty books, full of heartache, grief, guilt—all those negative emotions. Even if they come out okay in the end, I can’t say I’d want to vacation there any time soon.

Q.  What do you want to be remembered for 100 years from now?

A. I don’t expect to remembered except maybe by tales told by family members and handed down. That’s all that matters anyway.

Q.  What is your favorite season?

A. Summer. Without a doubt. I grew up in Louisana and now live in Austin, Texas. But I spent 13 very cold years in New York. I’ll take 100 degrees over 10 degrees any day.

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?

A. When it was book cover time, I was asked by my publisher to fill out a form about the story, the characters, what I wanted what I didn’t want. After that, it was out of my hands. But I’m very pleased with the end result.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.

A. I don’t know how funny it is, but it has to do with the book cover. My story involves a celebrity stalker, who is a woman. When the first draft of the cover was sent to me “Here’s your cover!!” Only problem was, it was a man. It looked great, but I was like, “um, no.” But it was quickly fixed.

Q.  Are you working on something new?

A. I’m actually working on 2 very different stories. One is a paranormal romance with a bit of a twist I haven’t seen before and a women’s fiction novel that is basically a family drama, again with a twist. If you read my current novel, you’ll see I’m a fan of “the twist.”

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?


A. If you love a book, pass the word, write a review, shout it from the rooftops. I’m not talking about my book; I’m talking about any book. Authors can’t continue to write and create stories, if readers don’t enthusiastically spread the word.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...