Monday, November 23, 2015

#MMBBR Showcase: The Right Hand Rule by R.M. Clark

25878698

Amy, Amanda, Marshall, and Ziggy expect their middle school to be empty on Saturday morning so they can get ready for the regional science fair. They don't expect a botched experiment to attract a horde of time-displaced ancient Mayans when their unusual science advisor, Frederick Froth, goes missing.

The four must use their unique science skills and work together as they grapple with a Mayan god, the Dark Rift, and the principles of science to rescue Mr. Froth.
 



Q.  What inspires your writing?
A.  The urge to tell a good story. When I have a story in my head and I absolutely have to get it written down and completed.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
A.  When someone tells me that they (or their child) likes one of my books. That’s pretty much the whole point of writing them.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being a writer?
A.  Dealing with the slow speed of the publishing industry. I’ve gotten used to it and have even used it to my advantage, but no other business timeline is quite like it.

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?
A.  Writing is a side job for me. I’m quite happy as a scientist for the Dept. of Navy.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A.  Don’t worry, be happy.

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A.  Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. It was a study in character development, plot and pacing. Oh, it was funny as hell, too!

Q.  What is your favorite season?
A. Autumn. There is no better place to be than here in New England in the fall.

Q.  What inspired your book cover? 
A.  Since The Right Hand Rule is mostly about science, I envisioned the title spelled out in various scientific/mathematical symbols. At first we had too many, and now the final cover is just right.

Q.  Are you working on something new?
A. Yes. I’m writing a story about a young Vietnamese boy and his older cousin who escape from Vietnam in 1980 and spend six days on the open sea, followed by months in refugee camps before coming to America. It’s a story of courage, determination and the pursuit of freedom.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A.  Thank you for supporting Emily’s blog! Bloggers and readers are a writer’s best friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...