Wednesday, February 3, 2016

#MMBBR #Showcase Devil in the Grass by Christopher Bowron @notlrealty


When his pro football career fails, Jackson Walker returns to his home in southwest Florida to sort out his life. He lands an internship with Republican state senator James Hunter, whose Clean Water Bill puts him at odds with influential members of The Brotherhood of Set, a Satanic cult. They have deep roots in Florida, and are led by the sinister Henrietta LePley.
After Walker begins a relationship with a member of the Brotherhood, he is framed for the horrific killing of two elderly people. To clear his name, Jackson turns to his Seminole family to evade the police and a particularly nasty bunch of malevolent characters who specialize in the disposal of dead bodies. The Everglades provides an ancient and frightening setting for the unfolding action that will prove whether Jackson Walker will pull himself free from the dark evil that lurks there.

Christopher Bowron

Christopher Bowron's roots stretch back four generations in historic Niagara-on-the-Lake, voted the prettiest town in Canada. Christopher is the owner of a successful Real Estate Brokerage, Niagara-on-the-Lake Realty. He has a bachelor of arts from Brock University and is a lover of fine wine, sport and a story that takes you away. Christopher has a second residence in southwest Florida where he has spent a good part of his life since childhood. Southwest Florida is the backdrop for his first novel, Devil in the Grass, to be published by Köehler Books in March, 2016.

Christopher is currently working on a sequel to Devil in the Grass, a thriller called The Senator. Jackson Webb returns to find himself in another paranormal mix up as he attempts to run for the Florida State Senate. Is the Church of Set seeking to derail his bid, or is it new and if possible, more dastardly entity?

Doc Dom, is a medical thriller which portrays military doctor Dominick Tavano and his attempt to uncover the link between organ trafficking in third world Mexico and the United States' medical establishment.

A Gnome by no Other Name is a children's book about sentient Garden Gnomes.

Visit the Author's website. www.christopherbowron.com


Q.  What inspires your writing?
A.  Hmm… Pent up energy. I know that this sounds cliché, but I love telling stories. I love a good movie or a great song with a hook or awesome chorus. When I feel the greatness in something, it inspires me and I will often sit down and write a really good scene or chapter. On the flip side, I love a good fire and a glass of red wine. When all of the above happen in the same evening, look out.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
A.  You get to take yourself to places and I mean high stakes places that you hopefully will never get to, but can live through your characters. I like how people are interested in what you do. People like writers. You can write anywhere. South Pole, Mexico, Paris, bring it on.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being a writer?
A.  Not having enough time in the day to do what you love. I believe that if you write a really great book, you will be successful. I hate all of the crap about how difficult the literary business is. Believe me, it is one of the most difficult. I think that it is full of a lot of people that love self-deprecation. Write really well- you will be found. Sing really well you will be heard. Run really fast, you will win.

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?
A.  I would do what I am doing right now in my life long career. I am a real estate broker. I like what I do. Writing is my escape. I am both. Having my own fishing show would also be pretty cool, but folks wouldn't pay to see me sitting lonely in my boat with no fish. 

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A.  Blessed but restless

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A.  The Hobbit. It was one of the first books I read as a kid and I read it every now and again. The Lord of the Rings is right there. I've read it 4 times.

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?
A.  Bilbo Baggins - I am adventurous, but a bit of a dreamer.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?
A.  Jackson Walker - As a writer, you can't help but breathe a little of what you are into your main character.

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?
A.   50 Shades of Grey, but with my wife of course. Not Jurassic Park.

Q.  What is your favorite season?
A.  Summer, I just love it, especially in Florida - fall can be good as well, but winter follows...

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?
A.  My wife Carmen and I went diving through the Everglades one day and we took a bunch of pictures. One of Carmen's pictures was used on the cover of Devil in the Grass. I don't know how they did it, but I had a vision and I explained it to the Koehler graphic arts team and they got it first try. I would have to say they were awesome. I envisioned devil eyes in saw grass, a pond and bushes in the background. I saw big plain letters. Koehler was great. They also came up with a few other really cool covers options, but this one stuck from the start.

I liked Karin Slaughters cover on “Pretty Girls”. It’s simple and catchy. You have to wait to the end of the book to get it and I like that sort of thing.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.
A. We were at Timbers raw bar on Sanibel after visiting some cool book stores. Carmen and I were there with my aunt and uncle sitting at the small bar, we arrived just as the place opened. I kept looking behind me and there was an old crotchety couple standing against the wall behind us, just staring at us with scowls on their faces. Finally I said to the old lady staring at me- would you like to get to the bar so that you can order? She doesn't crack a smile and says: "No, I'd like your seat." I stared at the bartender and he smiled. "They come here every day. You have their seats. I say "What?" So I being the nice Canadian I am I say, "Sure." They don't even thank us immediately sit down to stuffing their faces with the bar specials." Some people, but for some reason I will link the two events.

Q.  Are you working on something new?
A.   Three things - Doc Dom a medical thriller about the illegal organ trade. It's a pretty cool but tragic topic.  2. A sequel to DITG, Jack runs for the Florida state senate and finds himself in another paranormal mess. 3- A true life story about three people who survive in the Gulf of Mexico for three days after their boat sinks. Friends of my parents. The real story is behind the scenes, the family and prayer groups etc.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A.  I had a blast writing Devil in the Grass. It has taken on a life of its own. It has made me want to continue writing books. I hope to write another that has the realism and edginess of this book. I hope that people appreciate the work that book bloggers do. They don't get paid like authors – (well sometimes we do), but do what they do out of their love of reading and books. Thank the bloggers that run these great sites.






Displaying Koehler Books logo-email.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...