Wednesday, February 24, 2016

#MMBBR #Showcase Waking Amy (Amy Series Book 1) by Julieann Dove




Amy Whitfield is blindsided when she comes home and finds a note on the fridge from her husband, Wesley, stating that after four years of marriage, he’s leaving her. Amy was in the midst of trying to spice things up, to bring life back to their boring marriage. It seems now that she was too late. 

As Amy sits with her head between her knees, trying to figure out what to do next, a call comes from Mercer General Hospital. The ER nurse is telling Amy’s answering machine that Wesley has been in a car accident. 

When Amy arrives at the hospital, she finds her husband in a coma. The doctors say there is no sign of brain damage, and Wesley will eventually wake up. Relieved, Amy sees this as her second chance: the chance to get it right this time. To channel the girl Wesley won’t leave when he regains consciousness… She just needs some help to pull it off. After all, she was voted girl most likely to die a virgin in high school. 

Amy would never figure on getting that help from Mark Reilly…Wesley’s doctor! He’s a non-committer, too-cute-for-his-own-good bachelor, and completely the guy Amy begins falling for. It’s a race against time to see who wakes up first—Amy or her husband. 


Julieann Dove

Julieann lives in Virginia, yet longs to live everywhere else. It doesn't come as a surprise that along with her gypsy soul, comes an active imagination. That's why she loves to write and invent worlds and people, so that she can formulate their happily ever after. Hobbies include cooking new recipes, sewing, and spending time with her cute boyfriend/husband and five fabulous children. Vacations happen in Nantucket or the Carolina beaches--anywhere there is inspiration for her next book. One day she hopes to travel to Italy, drive one of those little cars around the countryside, and speak the language fluently!



Q.  What inspires your writing?
A.  It could be anything, really. My first book, “The Secret He Keeps” was inspired by me driving down the interstate and seeing a utility truck from a different state. Wondering what if someone from somewhere else came into your life by accident, saved you from yourself, then had to go away? Silly things like that!

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
A.  That I can live in a different world and invent people and their problems. And at the end of the day, solve them, too!

Q.  What is the toughest part of being a writer?
A. Not feeling guilty about sitting in front of my computer for hours. Seeing that I have laundry to wash, or beds to make, and still I write. (Eventually the kids do get clean clothes)

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?
A.  An owner of a quilt shop. I love fabric and all that it can be made into! I had a shop for a brief period in my life…before baby number five. It was a splendid experience!

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A. “Work in Progress.” I’m constantly searching for ways to be better. To help make those lives around me, better!

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A. Cliché as it may seem, “Wuthering Heights”. I read it in high school for English and disappeared between the pages. It is romance at its very core. Love and loss.

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?
A. Oh my gosh! A question for which I have a million thoughts, but no conclusive answer. I’m a bit of everyone I read. But not entirely the whole person.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?
A.  I write pieces of me in all my books. In “Waking Amy”, I’m like her in the sense that I’m apprehensive to change. I don’t take life by the horns. That is something I need to work onJ

Q.  What is your favorite season?
A. Spring! It’s the time of rebirth. Everything outside comes to life again. And it’s the season of my entire family’s birthdays!! Talk about parties every couple of weeks. Seven birthday cakes to make in three months. I gain the most weight during spring.

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?
A.  I wanted to have Amy to be the focus, yet I love to see a guy to tell you it’s about romance. Amy has red hair, and this model looked most like her in my mind.

Q.  Are you working on something new?
A. I am! I’m working on the third in the “Amy” series. The second one is going to the editor in the next couple of weeks, and I need to get going on the last book. I’m also releasing “A Reason to Stay” in May. Promotion is about to ramp up for this one.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A.  Yes. I would want to say, “Nice to meet you, and thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my interview. I would love it if you picked up my book and gave me the chance to reveal Amy’s journey. And when you’re finished, to kindly leave a review. Let me know if you enjoyed it. I certainly appreciate all the time it takes to invest in getting lost inside a book.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...