Saturday, April 23, 2016

#MMBBR #Showcase Saving April by Sarah A. Denzil @sarahdalton


An obsessive, unhinged neighbour? Or a woman desperately trying to save a child?

A family broken by lies.

A woman traumatized by a dark past.

A child caught in the crossfire. 

Who will save April? 

Hannah Abbott is afraid of the world. Plagued by anxiety, she lives an isolated, uneventful life in suburban Yorkshire. She rarely leaves her house, and her only friend is Edith, her elderly neighbor. But when the Mason family moves in across the street, Hannah's quiet life is changed forever.

The Masons pull Hannah into their tangled web of secrets. She must decide what to believe and who to trust as she attempts to rescue their teenage daughter, April, from harm.

Hannah knows only one thing for certain: she can't be afraid anymore.


"I found this an atmospheric and thrilling book. The ending is fantastic!" -- Amazon Reviewer

Sarah A. Denzil

Sarah A. Denzil is a British suspense writer from Derbyshire. In her alternative life--AKA Sarah Dalton--she writes speculative fiction for teenagers, including The Blemished, Mary Hades and White Hart.

Sarah lives in Yorkshire with her partner, enjoying the scenic countryside and rather unpredictable weather. 

Saving April, Sarah's debut suspense thriller, is a psychological look into the minds of the people around us who we rarely even consider - our neighbours. What do we really know about them, and what goes on when the doors are closed? Saving April will be published in 2016.



Q.  What inspires your writing?
A. Most of the world around me, but books, television, films and news articles are the most inspiring. Stories will always be top of the list for inspiration.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
A. Being my own boss and doing something creative. It can be a frustrating job sometimes, but when it's good, it's wonderful.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being a writer?
A. Having the discipline to sit and write. It sounds simple but it can be really hard. For me it's a matter of willpower, because I'm lucky enough to work full-time as a writer and have plenty of time to work. Even still, I can go weeks without working effectively on my novel. Instead I find a thousand other things to do.

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?
A. I need to be creative, so it would be something in that sphere. The problem is that I'm not particularly talented at anything else! But I do enjoy making book covers, so maybe I'd do that!

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A. Oh, that's a hard one! Maybe 'Quiet'. It's what I've been called my whole like. I am a fairly quiet, introverted person, as writers tend to be.

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A. Another hard one! Dracula and Wuthering Heights were the first books I fell in love with. I'd love to write an epic Gothic novel at some point, but I've done so much skipping around with genres that I need to stick to one right now!

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?
A. Perhaps Hermione Granger. I was a bit of a nerd at school.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?
A. Well, from Saving April, I would say there is more of me in Hannah than any other character. We're both very cautious, though I took the things I'm cautious and anxious about and wrote a more extreme version.

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?
A. Oh, so many! The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, pretty much any children's fantasy story.

Q.  What is your favorite season?
A. Spring can be lovely when it's not raining, or the very beginning of summer when it's not too hot.

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?
A. I'd seen some lovely covers for psychological thrillers that we dark and moody with a bright, contemporary title. I wanted to convey the same tone with my own twist.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.
A. All my promoting happens online, so I don't get too many funny stories. But one thing I have noticed is that a few reviewers keep mixing my name for Hannah's in the book! I like to think that it's because Hannah is so believable that they believe it must be me!

Q.  Are you working on something new?
A. Yes, right now I'm working on another psychological thriller about a woman called Sophie going through a difficult time caring for her mother who is suffering from dementia. Her mother keeps seeing a shadow and telling Sophie that the shadow is in the house. Sophie has to figure out whether she has a stalker or whether her mother is just confused, and at the same time, she begins to remember something disturbing from her past.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A. Yes, please stop by and check out my website: http://www.sarahdenzil.com/ and you can follow me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/sarahadenzil/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...