Sunday, June 19, 2016

Q&A w/ Brenda Minton Her Rancher Bodyguard @brendaminton @BookTrib @HarlequinBooks



Her Rancher Bodyguard (Martin's Crossing) by [Minton, Brenda]

Her Texas Protector 
Bodyguard Boone Wilder isn't keen on his latest mission: watching over a pretty politician's daughter. Boone is from quiet Texas Hill Country, and Kayla is a showy city gal. But once safely settled at the Wilder Ranch, Boone watches Kayla enjoy cooking with his family, caring for his relatives and bottle-feeding calves. There's more to her than he ever knew. Still, the former soldier's wounds are way too deep to let Kayla close. But when he discovers that someone wants to hurt Kayla, Boone must risk his heart to protect what he cares about most.

Brenda Minton

Brenda Minton lives in the Ozarks with her husband, three children and a few too many pets. She's a pastor's wife as well as children's ministry worker. 

Her hobbies include sitting on the porch drinking coffee and going out to eat with friends. 

If you enjoy her Love Inspired Cooper Creek series, you can find Brenda most days drinking coffee and hanging out on facebook.



Q&A with Brenda Minton – Her Rancher Bodyguard

1)     List two books you’ve read more than three times.  That’s a long list. And when I started writing, that was my goal. To create books that readers loved so much, they would read them again and again.  A favorite from childhood would be “My Wolf My Friend” By Barbara Corcoran. And “The Truth About Cowboys” by Margot Early

2)     Is anything in your new release based on real life experiences or purely all imagination? There are always small pieces of my life in each book, in each character. Her Rancher Bodyguard is for the most part imagination.

3)     How much research goes into your books? It depends on the book. I love research so I can bury myself for hours searching the internet for places, experiences, and even real people who have gone through something similar to what my characters are experiencing.

4)     You get a brilliant phrase/idea/thought at an inopportune time (while driving, drifting off to sleep/in the shower). What do you do? I’ve been known to scribble on McDonald’s receipts, type notes into my phone or tell one of my kids  “Grab a pencil and paper out of my purse and write this down. Yes, write it on that payroll check, I don’t care.” (the last part is fiction. I wouldn’t write on a payroll check)

5)     What do you like to do when you’re not writing? Is there such a time as ‘not writing?’  My life is really busy. I have 3 grown children, a granddaughter and we’re adopting five children. When I’m not writing I hide and eat chocolate. I love my screened in porch and a cup of coffee. I also take walks. Alone if I can. And I plant flowers. Lots of flowers.

6)     Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before? New York City

7)     What does your family think of your writing? They support me, fantastically. They tag team the kids, vacuum, shampoo carpets and order pizza.

8)     How do you decide on the setting of your book? I think of places that I’d like to go and I figure my readers my like to take the journey with me. I love Oklahoma and Texas. If I didn’t live in Missouri, I would pick either of those two states.

9)     What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.   Why does Boone live in a camper when he could live in his family home?
Boone went through a lot in Afghanistan. Not only the explosion that injured him and left him an amputee but the loss of a friend, the loss of trust. He loves his family and is loyal, he wants to be there for them. But he needs space to heal. He needs quiet. With his rowdy family, the camper is his space.

10)  What is your favorite summer read? I love a great historical. Anything that takes me far away, with a castle, a chivalrous hero and a heroine who doesn’t really need to be rescued but is willing to give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...