Tuesday, January 24, 2017

#MMBBR #Showcase THE ENEMY WITHIN by @burnaisesauz



THE ENEMY WITHIN by [Burn, Scott]
Seventeen-year-old Max has always felt like an outsider. When the agonizing apocalyptic visions begin, he decides suicide is his only escape. He soon finds himself in a psych ward under the guidance of a therapist who sees something exceptional in him. Just as he begins to leave the hallucinations behind, Max discovers the visions weren't just in his head.
There are three others who have shared those same thoughts and they've been searching for Max. Like him, they are something more than human. Each of them possesses certain abilities, which they're going to need when a covert military group begins hunting them down. As the danger escalates, Max doesn’t know which side to trust. But in the end, his choice will decide the fate of both species.

THE ENEMY WITHIN is geared toward mature YA and New Adults. The novel is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo, both as paperback and ebook. 

A little bit about me: I'm a former lawyer turned writer. I currently have several sci-fi and action-adventure screenplays in development at various major studios, including Gold Circle, Summit/Lionsgate Entertainment, and MGM/Splendid Entertainment, and my comic book series AGON was published by Zenescope Entertainment. 

Web: www.scottburn.xyz
Twitter: @burnaisesauz
Goodreads: Scott Burn



Q.  What inspires your writing?
A.  There are some writers who wake up energized to dive into their story. I’m not one of those writers. Every day is a battle through brutal terrain. But on those rare days when I write something great, or something I can see how to make it great - for me that’s one of the greatest feelings; there’s nothing else like it. Each day is a journey to recapture that feeling.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
A.  That success or failure exist solely in my hands.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being a writer?
A.  The same thing.

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?
A.  Although my background is in law, I’ve always felt like the best writers have a remarkable understanding of human nature: motivations, flaws and strengths… to me the best alternative would be a psychologist. I do love sitting with people, listening to their stories and trying to help them get to the core of whatever their issue is.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?
A.  It probably evolves as I go but right now I’m partial to - So Close...

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?
A.  I’m a huge Thomas Berger fan. I’ve read his book Neighbors many times and it never gets old. If your readers enjoy dark comedies, I couldn’t give it higher praise.

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?
A.  Hank Devereaux from Richard Russo’s Straight Man. Give it a read, awesome novel.

Q.  What character from all of your book are you most like?
A.  For those who have had a chance to read The Enemy Within, I’m probably closest to the character Kitamura.

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?
A.  Recently people have been recommending to me that I’m missing out not having read John Scalzi’s books. So that’s the next escape author I’ll be diving into as soon as I finish the David Sedaris book I’m loving, Holidays On Ice.

Q.  What is your favorite season?
A.  The Fall. Although in LA, we don’t get much of a season. I do love the East coast when the leaves change and it’s sunny and crisp outside.  

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?
A.  I searched around the globe to find the right artist and found him in Minsk. His name is Maxim Mitenkov, and he does amazing work. He had done a series of remarkable surreal images and I knew immediately when I saw it he was the guy. We went back and forth a bit on how it could work and I couldn’t love the final result more. He did an amazing job capturing the essence of the story in a single image.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.
A.  To me the funniest thing is how promoting the book is even harder than writing it…and writing it was the hardest thing I’d ever done.

Q.  Are you working on something new?
A.  I’ve been working on a new proposal for a sci-fi novel about the convergence between faith and science. It’s coming together, along with a supernatural thriller. One of them will pull me more soon enough and that’s where I’ll go.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?
A.  I hope your readers enjoy The Enemy Within. If they do, please come visit me at my website and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...